You can find the beta demo at demo.flashcardeditor.com.
The editor supports Markdown, , emoji codes, syntax highlighting, inline HTML, table of contents, footnotes, auto-linking, and more.
- Markdown support provided by Unified/Remark
- provided by hosted KaTeX
- Emojis provided by emoji codes
- Google Code and GitHub Gist flavored Syntax Highlighting provided by highlight.js stylesheets
- Table of Contents (links don't work on mobile) provided by Remark TOC
- Footnotes (links don't work on mobile) provided by Remark footnotes
- Notes are stored in plaintext (great for longevity)
- Register for an account at Standard Notes using the Desktop App or Web app. Remember to use a strong and memorable password.
- Click Extensions in the lower left corner.
- Click Import Extension.
- Paste this into the box:Alternatively, paste this link:https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TheodoreChu/flashcard-editor/develop/demo.ext.jsonhttps://notes.theochu.com/p/FV2A4HJFRN
- Press Enter or Return on your keyboard.
- Click Install.
- At the top of your note, click Editor, then click Flashcard Editor - Beta.
After you have installed the editor on the web or desktop app, it will automatically sync to your mobile app after you log in.
The instructions for local setup can be found here. All commands are performed in the root directory:
- Fork the repository on GitHub
- Clone your fork of the repository
npm installto locally install the packages in
ext.jsonas shown here with
url: "http://localhost:8002". Optionally, create your
ext.jsonas a copy of
- Install http-server using
sudo npm install -g http-server
- Start the server at
npm run server
- Import the extension into the web or desktop app with
- To build the editor, open another command window and run
npm run build. For live builds, use
npm run watch. You can also run
npm run startand open the editor at
Copyright (c) Theodore Chu. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under AGPL-3.0 or later.
- GitHub for the source code of the Flashcard Editor
- GitHub Issues for reporting issues concerning the Flashcard Editor
- Docs for how to use the Flashcard Editor
- Contact for how to contact the developer of the Flashcard Editor
- Flashcard Editor To do List for the roadmap of the Flashcard Editor
- Standard Notes Slack for connecting with the Standard Notes Community
- Standard Notes Help for help with issues related to Standard Notes but unrelated to this editor