I develop on the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). Here is how to set it up:
- Update to the latest Windows 10
- Set up WSL 2 (or use this link). Remember to update the WSL kernel
- Install Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (or whichever one you need)
- Install Visual Studio Code
- Configure VS Code to work with WSL
- Set up Docker for WSL2. You need to run WSL as Administrator if you want to use Docker
- After adding the Remote - WSL extension to VS Code, add more: Live Server, Markdown All in One, Prettier, ESLint, Code Spell Checker, Docker, Remote - Containers, and anything else you need.